• Flax Crackers or Sugar Rehab!

    Wednesday, January 5, 2011



    Here is to another day in this New Year. A day I have band sugar from my house (well at least for today!) My kids are squawking while withdrawing from the holiday high! I heard their laments and have promised I will not starve them! Instead I will serve them whole-grain homemade crackers, veggies and humus. I made enough for a whole week and intend on leaving it out for them to snack during the day. This eliminates a ton of work for me, ya’know constantly preparing snacks and such. Seems like those girls are surviving happily on my kitchen counter…no sugar rehab for them (well at least for today!)

    Flax Crackers

    ¼ C. Ground flax Seed
    ¼ C. Flax Seed
    1 ½ C. Whole Wheat Flour
    ½ tsp Baking Powder
    ½ tsp Salt
    2 tbsp Coconut Oil
    1 Large Egg
    Garnish with salt and pepper

    Mix the ingredients into thick dough. Roll out on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
    Slide the cracker off the cookie sheet and cut into squares, place back on sheet and bake for another few minutes or until the sides look crunchy.

    Enjoy