• God Dey

    Thursday, January 13, 2011



    In Nigeria it is very common to write phrases or prayers on automobiles of all sorts. The other day I read one that writes God Dey! I am guessing in pigeon English it means good-day! Had a laugh at that one. And then yesterday outside my house a ruckus was taking place as a large truck hauling cement bags broke down (obviously for over load on the engine) in the middle of a tiny street! Luckily the guy sleeping on the top did not miss out on any zzzzzzzzz!



    As we are on the topic of Nigeria I thought I would 'snap' what my afternoon looks like here in Africa. Three kids taking a breather with books and a little Bach in the background. Tunde has been frequenting my home regularly these past weeks. It is always a pleasure having him around!